Cricket Betting & Odds
For some players, cricket betting is an incomprehensible exotic for experts. This non-contact team sport originally from medieval England is poorly developed in Europe, which cannot be said about the English-speaking world. Cricket is most popular in Great Britain and in its former colonial countries — Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, South Africa.
The ICC (International Cricket Conference) includes about 106 national federations. The strongest and most titled cricket teams are the national teams from Australia and India. In its essence, cricket is similar to baseball, popular in America, where outdoor play is also carried out with a bat and ball, in which there are dashes and knocking out of players.
The most famous and demanded cricket tournaments for sport betting are international and national matches for men:
- Cricket World Championships and Cups (test matches, ODI and Twenty20 format);
- English cricket;
- Australian Cricket Championship (Sheffield Shield);
- Indian Championship Ranji Trophy;
- New Zealand Plunket Shield tournament;
- Pakistan Championship;
- South African Curry Cup and others.
There are also bettors who are not averse to betting on women’s cricket.
Betting odds for cricket and their advantages
This kind of sport would not be so popular without its great benefits:
- Profitable cricket live betting odds. The peculiarity of this sport is that the favorites here very rarely lose. Therefore, if the odds for the victory of one of the teams are too small in the bookmaker’s line, then you can safely take it to the express.
- Lots of matches. Cricket is one of the few sports that offers events all year round and in abundance. Therefore, in the summertime, when the top football, basketball and hockey leagues go on hiatus, cricket betting can be an excellent alternative, which are little used by professional bettors.
- High maximum bets. For international cricket matches, many gambling companies offer very decent maximum bet limits, comparable to and often surpassing the highs of the central football matches of elite leagues.
- Wide range of markets. For international competitions held in various formats, the markets for additional outcomes are quite good. Besides the traditional bets on winners and total runs, bets on other outcomes can be diverse: who will score more runs, Best First Pair of Batsmen, team of the best batsman, method of eliminating the first batsman from the game, Best Batsman, the best bowler, individual totals of runs.
- Valuable bets. The chances of finding so-called value bets in cricket are quite high, since often only amateurs bet on the ancient English game, who are often guided not by cold calculation, but by sympathy for their favorite teams, betting on them, even if they are obvious outsiders of the tournament.
In general, the margin for bets on winning international events is small (4-5%), so the cricket betting odds are very attractive.
How to Bet on Cricket
Having mastered the rules and regulations of cricket tournaments, you can start analyzing prematch at cricket betting site, for this you need to rely on the main factors:
- The effectiveness of athletes. It is not necessary to delve into the analysis of all 11 athletes on the team, although it would not hurt for a qualitative analysis. It is very important to be able to determine the current state of the key players.
- Game statistics. With only one statistical base in front of you, you can correctly assess the effectiveness of teams and compare their chances of winning in the upcoming game. Nonetheless, you should not rely solely on statistics alone, because without watching the matches and assessing the condition of the players, the probability of earning will be lower.
- Bets and strategies. Making the profitable cricket bets is best on the main outcomes of the ODI and Twenty20 series international competitions, because these events have higher maximums, more abundant list and more attractive odds, in contrast to national championships.
Be sure to follow a pre-tested strategy, and under no circumstances play all-in. After putting the entire amount on the line, you can easily and quickly burn it out.
How to Calculate Cricket Betting Odds: Tips
The size of the odds depends on the probability of the event. The higher it is, the lower the odds, and vice versa. Different bookmakers estimate the likelihood of events differently, so the odds differ in different bookmakers. The most common type of online cricket betting odds is European or decimal — for example, 1.50, 2.00, 3.25.
To calculate it, you can consider a following example of cricket betting odds explained.
Let the bet odds be 4.00 or just 4. This means the probability of the match host winning is 25%. To calculate the probability of the outcome, you need to divide the unit by the odd and multiply by 100. In this case, the calculations will be as follows: 1/4 = 0.25 x 100% = 25%.
To calculate the winning amount, you need to multiply the bet size by the European odds of the selected outcome, for example: 100 (dollars) x 2.25 = 225 dollars. Net profit with the forecast will amount to 125 dollars.
Value betting on cricket odds
Usually value betting is the situation when the bookmaker offers odds higher than it really should be. For example, there are two equal cricket teams, that will win 50 victories over a distance of 100 matches. It turns out that the odds (taking into account the margin) should be 1.95 each on P1 and P2.
But the betting websites see the situation differently and gives odds of 2.20 versus 1.83. If you bet an equal amount on P1 in each of 100 matches, you will earn 20% of your turnover. At the same time, from the point of view of mathematics, you earn even with lost bets, because ROI is calculated correctly from the entire distance, and not from a short sample.